Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

CeCe Caldwell hickory stain sign




As a bonus project done between coats drying on the dining table, I brushed CeCe Caldwell hickory stain over buttermilk colored milk paint on a pine board.


 I love the look of hand painted signs with a rustic flair so for this one I chose Home is WHERE the Heart is theme. HOME was painted in CeCe's vintage white.


 the board below the sign is hickory over raw pine, which is also the back of the home sign too


The whole thing got a good sanding followed by random dark waxing. The pink heart was hand painted then it too was sanded and 2 coats of clear wax covered all for a soft old looking finish.





*Disclosure*
I have received some of the product used in this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains a sponsored link for CeCe Caldwells

Comments