Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Cece Caldwell's duck blue transforms


CeCe Caldwell recently launched 6 new colors, one was the Las Vegas Fuchsia I used on this adorable nightstand and this round I have duck blue. As many of you know, blue is my happy place and this color did NOT disappoint.


Enter this well loved but solid hardwood dresser, the size and height makes me think originally it was a wash stand


It has gone thru many color changes over the years, cream, peach, melamine orange, blue...


Sand and scrape and sand some more, before and during shown here





and the day continued until eventually it was smooth, I was not worried about removing all the blue as I chose duck blue to paint it in


and ready for its spa bath and repairs



duck blue went on in two coats with a dry time between coats


 
Old pieces have loads of character dings and marks and this was no different, to incorporate and embrace them I did the top in a few color wash of blues/whites after trying on the top drawer fronts. And to keep it aged and appropriate, Cece's aging cream once it had a clear coat of wax rubbed in and dry. This aging cream is very concentrated so a little goes a long way but what great character it adds.



power tools.. yeah.. time to install some missing drawer stops freshly cut from a piece of maple I had on hand and left to dry well



new hardware was added to the bottom two drawers while some vintage knobs went on the top two, this sweet little thing makes the perfect sofa table


it would be amazing at a front entry to catch all and store mitts, toques and scarves


or a great height in a little ones room to access themselves, so many uses for this adorable piece of history


I am very lucky to have been chosen as a Cece Caldwell paint rep and have loved sharing my projects using their amazing paints and stains and finishes in these blog posts, this curio cabinet in vintage white, this map frame in vintage white, chair in Chesapeake, dining table in vintage white, hickory stained sign, vintage white antique coffee table, and this dresser in Michigan pine. Stay tuned (better yet subscribe) to see what I do with Philadelphia parchment!



disclosure: As a CeCe Caldwells paint rep, they provided me with this paint in exchange for creating this showcase piece, thanks Cece!

linked up online parties

Comments

  1. I love that color you ended up with! Thank you for sharing with us at the To grandma's house we go link party! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your choice of color is great - you really made it look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment