Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Country Chic gets nocturnal


Fall brings color changes all over including Country Chic's limited color release. I stepped out of my comfort zone and ordered nocturnal ( a mossy green) and it did not disappoint.
Nocturnal – A naturally dark earthen color that can be similar in tone to the popular Rocky Mountain, but with a warmer, moss-green base.

I chose to put it on this vintage solid wood table built by Deilcraft made in Canada. The vintage style and this fall color paired perfect to restore this table to years of use to come.



I was pretty excited to try my new oval brush from Country Chic too and loved it, it holds lots of paint and goes on smoothly. I worried about a straight cut edge but it worked like a charm, highly recommend.


the first and second coat went on smoothly and dried quickly between coats



and since it is the all in one paint, I sponge sanded lightly between coats for a super smooth finish

I wanted the piece to keep is vintage appeal so to enhance the great details I chose Country Chic antiquing wax (note there is a sealing film on top of this wax each time it dries, just peel off and use) with a bit of clear wax if it went on too dark


the left side is antiqued while the right remains fresh paint


lighting changes this color easily but it truly is closer to the darker picture


once inside it was time to stage and photograph


 love the carved details



and it has the perfect storage area for blankets, books, toys or anything you want to tuck away




*Disclosure
I have received product in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Country Chic Paint

All Linked up at

Comments