Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Homestead House milk paint antique chair


I have a confession. I love antique furniture. Tables, sideboards, dressers and chairs. I have a special place for the chairs as most seem to be orphans. Not as solid as the rest, I am always amazed to find one that made it through years of use. This recent find was no exception. The still intact label on the bottom read "Rockford Cabinet Company" and looks like made in 1923 or 1928!



Sure enough when I began deconstruction I found the traditional horse hair/straw and cotton padding in the seat over rounded boards, ticking and webbing




The turned legs were so pretty and in fairly good condition for the age that I decided to try and keep them. The whole chair was scrubbed well and once dry given a coat of Homestead House Paint Co. milk paint in Renfrew blue.

to fix the legs, I used Homestead House Paint Co. new stain and oil finish all in one in cappuccino and it was perfect. To seal the milk paint I went with hemp oil and continued over the stained legs too and all the exposed wood for a little hydration.

The exposed webbing and ticking looks neat so I am going to live with it for awhile and see if recovering is needed. What do you think of it?











*Disclosure
As a Homestead House Paint Co. brand blogger, I have received product in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Homestead House Milk Paint 

Linked up Parties



Comments

  1. Oh Lee Anne, I adore the two toned finish and the deconstructed upholstery, it's such a quirky design choice that's just fabulous and unique. I could see this piece in my own abode, love it! Thanks for sharing your project at #FridaysFurnitureFix!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment