Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Homestead House All in One finish Sideboard


I have had my sideboard sitting in our home in full use for about 4 years now with the intention of refinishing it however like the cobbler's children with no shoes, it gets overlooked all the time. I recently made time for it deciding it needed a good drink of oil as the previously stripped left the surface so dry.


so dry ;( lets give this old girl a drink


It soaked up two coats of Miss Mustard Seed hemp oil like nothing when I applied it after sanding and scrubbing well.



here is the drawer above with hemp oil showing the difference of the dry old wood



now it was time to sand down the top even though it has previously been stripped to get all marks removed and a fresh start. Everything received 2 coats of hemp oil hydration, inside and out all sides





To darken the wood, I chose Homestead House's new stain and finishing oil all in one in cappuccino. I wipe on with a paper towel, leave for about 15 minutes then use another paper towel to remove the excess. Be sure to wait at least 9 hours between coats or the dark color will wipe off easier - ask me how I know :)

the products are so low VOC you can use right in your home

I went with 2 coats of the dark stain but the finish was dull and not quite even being so dry. Homestead House has a new color called natural in the line so I applied 4 more coats of it which resulted in a lovely shine and gave added durability especially to the top that gets lots of use.














*Disclosure


As a Homestead House Paint Co. brand blogger, I have received product in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This posted links for Homestead House Paint Co. are for your information convenience.

FEATURED at
Embracing Change


Shared at these great link up parties




Comments

  1. Great work - I love the shiny, lustrous finish! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful refresh! I love the update with the natural finish. The grain is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing your project at #FridaysFurnitureFix always great to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a beautiful piece. Thanks for sharing at the To Grandmas House We Go link party. Sharing to Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely transformation! Thank you so much for sharing this at the Farmhouse Friday link party! Pinned! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment