Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

classic refinished coffee table in plaster and cappuccino


When a great customer offered me purchase of her mission style coffee and end table set I jumped. I love this chunky craftsman look. It did however have some water damage on the top so needed some reloving.


Orbital power sander to the rescue, a few 80-120 grit pads later it was all sanded off and ready to get a new look.


let the sanding begin and done, now for a good scrub and let dry well


I chose my favorite Homestead House's new stain and finishing oil all in one in cappuccino. This easy to use no chemical smell finish goes on so easy and leaves a lovely finish. I sand lightly with 0000 steel wool between coats to make it even smoother. I went with 3 coats of the dark brown stain and then added the natural color for additional durability. Each coat was left over night to dry well.


for the base I chose Fusion Mineral Paint in a warm white called Plaster.
Two coats lightly sanded between with a sponge sander and left to dry overnight


I like to add some depth to this creamy color so I added Homestead House espresso furniture wax . It adds character too and easy to brush on and wipe off. I also likes it adds a bit more durability to the bottom shelf surface. Time to reattach bottom shelf and hardware and haul in to stage this beauty for sale. Did I mention I have the matching end table that can be done in the same techniques and colors?



 





*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Fusion Mineral Paint & Homestead House Paint Co. 



I got FEATURED on


THANK YOU

Shared at these linked up parties
Talk of the Town
To Grandma's House We Go
Creative Inspirations
Friday's Furniture Fix
Farmhouse Friday
Best Friday Features
Silver Sundays
Inspirations Galore
Happiness Is Homemade

Comments

  1. I love the new look of your table! Thanks for linking up at Talk of the Town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful makeover! Such a nice update and a I love the soft grey white hue of this color! Thanks for sharing your project at #FridaysFurnitureFix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words, so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete
  3. I just love the tranformation you did on this table! It's a huge improvement and it really pops!

    Thank you so much for sharing this at the Farmhouse Friday link party! Pinned and shared! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle, so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete
  4. Did you apply the wax to the whole table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      wax was only added to the base of the table

      Delete
  5. I am a novice at furniture painting but have a mission table like this and want to try this makeover. Can you tell me how to use the furniture wax, is it rubbed on between coats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      wax is always the last step to seal your paint :)

      Delete

Post a Comment