Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Fusion Navy dresser


A good friend asked if I could do anything with her childhood dresser that was solid wood but had seen better days cosmetically. Of course I am always about saving anything I can from the landfill so had my husband pick it up for me.


Two of the drawers had damaged edges which would not be easily repaired so I converted their spaces to open shelving which I think works great for use as a entertainment console, or a change station in a nursery (so much storage) or even a dining room buffet.


I chose Fusion Mineral Paint's midnight blue, a gorgeous navy for the paint color, deep and rich and perfect for fall



once 2 coats were on it was time to decide about distressing or not, note the legs were put back on too

I posted a poll to my followers but it was a split decision so I went with distressed a wee bit, I always think of a reloved piece it adds forgiveness after that first ding ;)


I gave Staalmeester brush a try for the inner edges with great success


The original hardware was scrubbed and put back on along. The new shelves were cut to fit with braces added to the back underside for added support and 2 coats inside all around including the underside of the top for a seamless look.

To deepen the navy and add dimension I added Homestead House black furniture wax in black












*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Fusion Mineral Paint

Linked up here

Comments