Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Custom armoire in toasted marshmallow


A custom paint job was requested for this old cedar lined armoire to give it new life. The customer wanted a soft neutral color and loved my "go to" stripped back and stained  top. She found a color she liked in Plaster Paint's, toasted marshmallow and brought it to me.



but first repairs, the lifting veneer needed regluing and clamping then broke areas wood filled





and strip and sand down the top to bare wood (above right)



Then like all my pieces a good cleaning, seeing the body was oak veneer outside and cedar veneer inside it received a good wipe down so not to lift any more but the solid wood drawers got the usual good scrub.


The hardware was updated so old holes filled and sanded, they are pretty


Now to start the paint process, on goes the first coat


and a test run of the new hardware on the new paint color sans wax

I went with Daddy Van's clear beeswax with lavender over the entire piece, wax on right drawer and just paint on left


The wax deepens the color quite a bit once first applied


I applied 3 coats of Homestead House's new stain and finishing oil all in one in cappuccino for a beautiful top


Then it was on to Daddy Van's gorgeous color café noir for dimension and bringing out detailing
again see the difference on top drawer above and left door below


 Now for the finishing touches.. the pretty new glass hardware






*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Daddy Van'sHomestead House Paint Co.


FEATURED!!
Friday's Furniture Fix


Linked up at these Parties

Comments