Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Fun Themed Growth Ruler


A customer ordered a special themed growth ruler as a Christmas gift and had a specific design in mind. She wanted certain colors for the background, numbers and additional kids names along with certain font and images. Thanks to the internet I was able to find the suitable font and a mouse silhouette.

I chose Homestead House's new stain and finishing oil all in one ebony stain for the ruler itself. Two coats gave the perfect deep black color she desired with a gorgeous wood grain still visible. This fabulous product does not require additional top coats and has a smooth soft finish.


For the numbers and Mickey silhouette I chose Fusion Mineral Paint in picket fence, a crisp white and for the names I went with Fusion Mineral Paint  in fort York red. Everything is hand painted on my growth rulers. I use MS word to set up my font and sizes then print out, trace on to the board and paint with an artist brush. I prefer this look to the vinyl stickers or stencils for my creations.


The finished ruler ready to head off to be placed under the Christmas tree of the lucky kids who will mark their heights making memories that last a lifetime.



*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Fusion Mineral Paint &





Comments