Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Bohemian inspired stool with Fusion paints



Stools are just like chairs in the fact that they are perfect additions to add color to your home. There seems to be many lonely single stools and chairs out there that with paint can be given new life and give your home a sweet color injection. Take this solid wood stool.


I wanted to give it a Bohemian multi color look so chose my Favorite Fusion Mineral Paint for the task. Fusion has a built in top coat and requires very little prep which save steps especially if you are adding steps with more colors.

After scrubbing the chair well and letting it dry, I started with Fusion Mineral Paint's Renfew Blue over the entire stool followed by their Cranberry which I wiped back with paper towel when wet.


A light sanding before I added Fusion Mineral Paint's Azure randomly over the whole stool, another light sanding and a wee bit more azure. All 3 colors show randomly giving a nice Boho feel.


I contemplated putting a coat of Homestead House's new stain and finishing oil all in one in ebony over it to tone all the colors down for a more subtle look but after polling on my Creative Moments Facebook and Instagram pages the vote was close but the winning choice was leave as is.



*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains links for Fusion Mineral Paint to help you find the items I used easily. There is no monetary compensation to me, they are just added for your convenience ;)

Linked up @
Friday's Furniture Fix
Farmhouse Friday

Comments