Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Milk Painted Farmhouse Solid Oak Stools




I purchased these tall solid oak stools thinking they would be perfect in a white with dark wax.


So for coat number one I mixed up Homestead House Milk Paint in limestone and brushed it on.


The next day when dry I was just not feeling the white, the stools called for a fun color.
Homestead House Milk Paint in Laurentien was the color of choice.


It looked perfect, vintage farmhouse stool color for sure.


And of course in typical milk paint style, one stool is more green and one more blue :)


To seal the milk paint I went with Miss Mustard Seed hemp oil , it goes on so easy with a brush. Let soak in and wipe off. I then added Fusion Mineral Paint ageing and espresso waxes on the top and all the crevices to keep the farmhouse aged look.



they work great as a plant stand too ;)











*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Homestead HouseMiss Mustard Seed Milk Paint & Fusion Mineral Paint to help you find the items I used easily. There is no monetary compensation to me, strictly added for your convenience ;)

Shared to these Linky Parties
Friday's Furniture Fix
Happiness is Homemade
Creative Inspirations

Comments