Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Treasure Boxes in Milk Paint - Homestead House's Quaker Blue


I was using milk paint on a few projects this week and having some left over always inspires small projects. I used Miss Mustard Seed's new color called farmhouse white on this sweet antique dresser and with a wee bit left, I applied it to this cute solid wood box.


on all sides including the bottom.


Then I moved on painting an antique accent table and used Homestead House milk paint in quaker blue. I added this soft color on top of the white and sanded smooth.
It has a Scandinavian feel to it.


 Using a multi stencil from Muddaritaville Studio I added the 3 flower portion to the top using white paint 



as well as a dragonfly stencil on the inside of the lid for a fun hidden find.


 Then the entire box was sealed with Miss Mustard Seed's white wax




With more of the Homestead House milk paint in quaker blue, I painted this little trinket box which had Homestead House's stain and finishing oil all in one in ebony around all the edges. Once sanded smooth, the ebony edges popped thru nicely and the whole box was sealed in Homestead House black wax .



Below is more I painted in Homestead House milk paint in Quaker blue each with a different sealer which results in 5 different looks,
back left - blue wash sealed with polycrylic, back middle - blue with hemp oil, back right - blue no sealer
trinket boxes - white and black wax





*Disclosure
This post contains links for Homestead House, & 
Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint to help you find the items I used easily. There is no monetary compensation to me , they are just added for your convenience ;)

Linked Up to these Parties
Friday's Furniture Fix

Farmhouse Friday

Comments