Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Upcycled Tray


This is how I took a solid maple cabinet door and upcycled it into a fun tray.

After scrubbing the door up, I filled the predrilled holes and painted the entire tray front and back Homestead House Milk Paint in Quaker blue and sealed all sides with Fusion Mineral Paint 's tough coat. The next step was a wash of Fusion Mineral Paint chocolate which catches nicely in the nooks and crannies.


Dry brushing Fusion Mineral Paint  inglenook and homestead blue were next. All layers were sanded and once again clear coated with Fusion Mineral Paint  tough coat all sides in two coats.




Now to add handles, I used this awesome trick to measure your hardware holes perfectly.


Drill and install and you now have super secure handles while carrying items on your tray.


I added new felt pads to the underside to protect furniture it will sit on and it is ready to serve.










Linked up at
Friday's Furniture Fix

Comments