Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Vintage Painting turned Chalkboard with Milk Paint



I purchased this huge print painting for the size and the ornate solid wood frame with the intent to repurpose it into a chalkboard. I had not decided on the color to paint the frame yet but knew it would be a neutral to go in more homes when complete.


First step was to tape off the frame with painters tape and apply 3 coats of Rustoleum's black chalkboard paint.


Seeing I was painting a dining table in a dark grey I decided this frame would be done in the same color. It is Homestead House Milk Paint in Confederate grey. Two coats using my new angled sash Zibra brush, which cut easily into the original gold inner trim perfectly, gave the frame new life.


I sealed the milk paint with Fusion's black wax. It made the ornate details POP! as well as giving it an aged look.







Linked to these parties
Creative Inspirations
Fridays Furniture Fix
Farmhouse Friday

Comments