Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Home Right Sprayer primes a dining table in minutes



When The Fab Furniture Flippin Contest posted the most recent contest I had to jump on board, actually as the 1st in line, that is a first :) This month's theme is called "spray it pretty".


I LOVE the HomeRight fine finish sprayer and always want to learn more with it. For now I use it to prime large pieces like this solid oak dining table. It cuts priming with a brush time in half and gets in all the hard to reach nooks and crannies.



nice oak table, good detailing but in need of a makeover


The biggest feature of the HomeRight spray painter is there is no air compressor required, just this handy dandy easy to hold with one hand machine.


 Here it is after first coat, all you need is paint and an extension cord


 the 2nd coat of primer applied and left to dry


Once your piece is done (I did 2 coats on this dining table) it is time to clean up. Surprisingly it is not that hard but I choose only to use water based products in it so I can do it all in my garage sink.


 there is a cleaning kit included too which helps.

I then went on to hand paint 2 coats of light grey over the entire table and gave it an aging treatment using gel stain in a darker grey


the end result was just lovely


 original size

 then with leaf added


 just in time for Thanksgiving ;)



Without the HomeRight Sprayer this table would have taken so much longer. The ease of use and great coverage it provides makes it a go to item in my refinishing arsenal often. Here is an example of me using it on dreaded chairs for both the primer coats and paint coats too and I used poly to seal in it as well.





For more info on participating in these fun and challenging contests, contact info@fabfurnitureflippincontest.com





*Disclosure*

I have received some of the product used in this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains a sponsored link for HomeRight 

Comments

  1. great job! I love what you did with the top

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you imagine doing all those chairs by hand? I've done my share of chairs by hand but since I got a sprayer I don't have the patience NOT to use it. I imagine table tops would be the same if I was painting a table like you. The sprayers come in really handy for doors as well. Your table looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still do single vintage chairs by hand with chalk paint but bulk chairs, this is my go to ;)
      thanks for your kind words

      Delete

Post a Comment