Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Country Chic post #6 ~ Aurora & walnut table




I loved the look of aurora on the Country Chic paint color page but I loved it even more when I chose to use it on the base of a vintage solid wood table I had stripped and sanded. I stained the top walnut and the base needed a color that was "vintage" like but fun and aurora was perfect. The color is a deep teal which goes well with the refinished wood tones. I am dying to try it on a larger piece in the future.

A quick recap of the table relove starts with the table top sanded down to the natural wood to eliminate the engraved scribbles and words and other unsightly marks. It then got a good scrubbing with soap and water and a scrub brush, rinsed and left to dry well.


 I stained the top in Minwax walnut stain
then time to paint aurora on the base, one coat was all it took to cover, the edges got a light distressing as I like to keep vintage pieces looking and feeling their age and it also is helpful for future wear all looking the part, another in keeping with age step was using Danish oil to seal the stain and while I was at it, I gave a quick wipe over the body color which added a nice finish to the aurora.


 Here it is all finished, what a sweet entry way table, perfect catch all for keys, great spot for a bouquet of flowers or a family photo gallery with pretty frames


disclosure:
As a Country Chic paint rep, they provide me with products to showcase and share my projects and opinions using them.

Comments

  1. The Aurora complements the walnut stain beautifully!! This came out great.

    I'd love it if you shared this at my weekly link party!
    http://www.twentysomethinginthe2010s.com/peace-love-linkup-006/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the compliments and invite, I have linked up ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this on our weekly link up! Our next party starts tomorrow at 6 so stop on by and share anything else you are working on! : )

      Delete

Post a Comment