Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Miss Mustard Seed milk paint ~ linen cedar chest


I have been dying to try Miss Mustard Seed milk paint and products forever, finally I got my chance. I chose a universal color, linen, to try on my first project; a dark wood cedar chest.
there is a wee learning curve to mixing but once you get equal parts water and powder mixed up, on goes the first coat
 then a second, it naturally resists and chips where it wants for an old fashioned look

 I gave the whole thing a light sanding before sealing with a dark wax followed by a coat of clear wax
 and I used a darker patina wax to highlight details, corners etc to add to the aged feel and look

 cedar lined goodness



and all sides finished for a stand alone piece.. what do you think?


*Disclosure
I have received product in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains a sponsored link for Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint

UPDATE: I was featured on Embracing Changes inspiration party, thank you!!

Comments