Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Fusion's Homestead Blue MCM dresser


Was it the 70's when arborite furniture was big? That is the guesstimate I have for this sweet little dresser I purchased from a local buy and sell site. The full solid wood frame and drawers make for a super sturdy dresser and the arborite sides and top make it not weigh a ton. But of course it needed love, the bleached "sandalwood" color needed a current funky update. My recent shipment from Fusion Mineral Paint provided the perfect color, Homestead Blue.


 
this is the sale ad picture, not mine
I lightly sanded the entire dresser and filled in little dings here and there but being such a smooth surface I decided to try another new product to me from Fusion called ultra grip; this will adhere the paint even better
 so on went a thin coat over it all, of course all pieces need repairs here and there too
This was left overnight to dry well and the next morning it was time to begin the color change. Seeing the piece was made of all flat smooth sides, I decided to try a roller and put on the first coat. This is another new application for this paint for me and I have to say it went on very quick and easily. Later in the day I put on a 2nd coat.





As per usual the original hardware was worn and needing a relove too. I scrubbed it up well like always then once dry gave it a couple coats of gold spray paint. To add dimension, I sealed it up with a metallic gold sealer, perfect.



 once all was dry, I added a coat of clear wax to the dresser top and reassembled, here is the final look




*Disclosure
I have received product in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Fusion Mineral Paint

Comments

  1. Looks great! I really like the colour and the shape of the handles :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment