Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Ivory pearl gives a vintage look to an old chair


Plaster Paint Canada has a new line of colors just coming out called the Marc & Mandy collection. Laurie, the co-owner of PPC sent me a few of the colors to try along with their dark wax.


I chose my favorite, ivory pearl, to try first and envisioned it on this replica press back captain chair.


the paint goes on smoothly and dries fast but I did leave overnight to dry well but I remembered why chairs with spindles are a pain, it took 1 1/2 hour to paint just the first coat.. yep two full Netflix episodes ;)


 and then I distressed the edges, back and seat with a sanding sponge as well as my orbital sander


Before applying the dark wax I put a coat of plaster paint clear paste wax just to keep the saturation of such a soft color truer. Plaster wax goes on fast and dries fast to a super smooth shiny finish.


But once I opened and tried the PP antiquing wax I found it would have been fine to put one without a clear coat. The antiquing was is like soft milk chocolate icing and leaves just a subtle brown hue, perfect!



isn't it a delightful color to give this chair new life? This beauty is for sale, if interested please stop by my facebook page to see it and other pieces currently looking for new homes ;)


check out more of my Plaster Paint Canada pieces below


the above hutch finished in a classic solid black gets a bit of shimmer when fireside is added to the cabinet backing and door fronts


and this super solid shaker inspired table is reloved in scarlet


and these gorgeous pieces are finished in paris


linked up parties
Refresh Restyle
Talk of the Town
Embracing Change

Comments