Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Vintage Market & Design mermaid inspired nightstand

Have you heard of Vintage Market and Design? It is a great source for all your vintage needs and they have a paint line too. I wanted to give the paint line a try so chose 2 colors, peacock and paradise as well as a few of the finishing products. Check out how they change this old dated pine nightstand into a gorgeous stunner.


I love the packaging they use, so pretty and vintage looking. These colors made me think mermaid!


this is the contestant for this makeover, dated, heavy looking with broken hardware, lets change it up


First a coat of peacock, this paint is much thinner then most of the chalk type paints I usually use but I found it went on so fast and smooth. Self leveling and great coverage, now to dry well



Once dry, I applied the time worn product with a cloth on areas I wanted to show thru then this had to dry well again before the next color coat went on.


the lighter color called paradise goes on


Patience is required with these products as they need time to cure between coats. The wax was amazing, it was firm but with a quick stir it softened into nearly a liquid type wax again going on very fast and very smooth.


and soon it was time to leave overnight to dry well, but look at the variegated coloring, very much like a mermaid in my vision.



The broken dated hardware needed to be updated so new stainless steel sleek ones were installed.


And of course the drawers could not be forgotten in this reloving, I choose a soft, pretty green again reminding me of the sea.


I left it again to dry well overnight and in the morning added a coat of the finishing crème. It too went on easy and is meant to seal all the layers up well and provide durability. Now to haul in and snap a few pictures of this little beauty.






just love the changing colors and even in different lights these colors change too


UPDATE: VM&D said all products only worked together, not with others and this is true. I tried using the white silk wax on another chalk paint project and it left uneven splotchy marks requiring a fresh coat of paint. So as per their advice, ONLY  VM&D products work together and with no other lines


Thanks you Vintage Market and Design paint line for the opportunity to try your products. Although the products were supplied, ALL thoughts, opinions and words are all mine.

Party Links
Finding Silver Pennies
Refresh Restyle
Recreated Designs
Talk of the Town
Tater Tots & Jello

Comments

  1. Beautiful paint job. Thankyou for sharing at http://www.fabifabu.com/2016/11/20/inspiration-galore-project-party-13/. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment