Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

watercolor with milk paint


Water color is my favorite art medium. I love how the colors blend softly together. When I bought this painted red solid wood sofa table/display cabinet I instantly thought of doing blue and creating a funs piece. Once I got it all scrubbed and sanded well, I decided to add a few more colors to the mix.



I started with swooshes of Homestead House milk paint in prairie sunset and refrew blue (below photo bottom jar) letting each dry before applying the next. .

Did you know Homestead House is the makers of Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint? See renfrew blue on this coffee table and prairie sunset on this end table and eulalie's sky on this antique dresser.

The solid final coat was Eulalie's Sky (above top) from Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint


Now the fun when dry, sand it back to reveal the muted colors.

Then to give it a durable but soft sheen finish, I chose Miss Mustard Seed's hemp oil giving it 3 coats.












*Disclosure
As a Homestead House Paint Co. brand blogger, I have received product in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Homestead House Milk Paint & Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint

Linked up to these parties

Comments

  1. I love the aged look you created with this technique Lee Ann, looks like a piece that has been loved for years! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Furniture Fix!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment