Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Homestead House stain and finishing oil antique chair


How stains are evolving, Homestead House has a stain and oil finish all in one, how easy it that? I sanded and scrubbed well this old antique chair after removing the original leather seat first. Once it was good and dry I opened my can of Homestead House stain & finishing oil all in one in cappuccino, dipped in a paper towel with my nitrile gloved hand in the dark brown color and began to rub on the wood. Being old and dry it soaks it up right away and gives a deeper color and luster to the wood.

 original
 all sanded and scrubbed
stain & finishing oil going on.. right side

the seat half hemp oiled

It is very close to the original color. I treated the leather seat with hemp oil to help rehydrate it. When all was good and dry I reassembled the seat on. I wanted just a bit more vintage sheen so gave the entire chair minus the seat of course a coat of Homestead House espresso wax. Wipe and buff and walaa!





looks lovely with the antique tiger oak dresser currently for sale too


*Disclosure
As a Homestead House Paint Co. brand blogger, I have received product in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This posted links for Homestead House Paint Co. are for your information convenience.

Shared on these great blog parties




Comments

  1. The unfinished wood (before) looked dry and faded. I love how the stain and oil revitalized the wood and brought it back to life. It looks rich and lustrous, now. Thank you for NOT slapping a coat of paint on this beautiful chair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Carol, check out my just posted sideboard.. I chose not to paint it either and just use oils :)

      Delete
  2. A stain and oil finish in one? That's brilliant! Will have to check this product out, anything that saves a step is worth a look into. Your chair looks beautiful revived, thanks for sharing it at #FridaysFurnitureFix !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment