Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Antique dresser in Old Fashioned Milk Paint's light cream


When I purchased this antique chest of drawers from an old neighbor I knew it had to be reloved in milk paint. Milk paint is the perfect paint for antique and vintage pieces as it keeps them in the time era they were built.






Color now is a whole other ball of wax; originally I thought  Old Fashioned Milk Paint in sea green as a real one of a kind piece but my heart kept going back to my favorite  Old Fashioned Milk Paint color, light cream.

To date, this vintage vanity/desk is one of my favorite pieces I have done.


it is always a classic color, perfect for this vintage quilt rack


This dresser has had a few makeovers in its past as you can see by the colors revealed when sanding


and the original handles were removed and glass knobs added, which was far to busy in my opinion


and the sweet key holes all filled in ;(
so I dug them all back out to original


and sanded the entire piece down and scrubbed well as I always do with my pieces and left to dry
See scrubbing videos part one here and part two here


the fun part begins now with paint, the first 2 of 3 coats of the light cream milk paint goes on


After 3 coats are on and dry, I hand waxed the whole piece with DV clear wax then added detailing and shadows with my favorite  Daddy Van's café noir wax




Now to put the jewelry on the sweet thing, D Lawless Hardware carries virtually everything you would need to make a piece from antique to modern. And their customer service can answer any question you might have. I found new casters (original were missing of course), matching gold bail pulls and escutcheons and if you can believe it a key that works! Every drawer can be locked!!





Now that it was all back to close to original as possible, here are the full shots











FEATURED

*Disclosure
I have received product in exchange for this post, there is no monetary compensation received from the sponsored links, they are there for your convenience. Huge thanks to my great sponsors for this project Old Fashioned Milk Paint, D Lawless Hardware & Daddy Vans

Shared at these lovely link parties

Comments