Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Old Fashioned Milk Paint rustic bench


I have been wanting to create a rustic bench and finally my husband had the time to build me one. Although it was not the design I had shown him I wanted he created this from a 6 foot 2X10 and a 6 foot 2x6.

As per all my pieces, I scrub them well with soap and water and leave to dry before starting to paint. I went with Old Fashioned Milk Paint. It will be perfect for this raw wood rustic look.


I started with pitch black,


then slate, randomly until all the wood was covered then left to dry


the entire piece, again top and bottom was completely covered in snow white


Once dry I sanded it down with a orbital sander as well as hand sanded before putting 2 coats of clear varathane on all sides to give durability.


To add detail and dimension I added Daddy Van's black wax , perfect!













*Disclosure
I have received product in exchange for this post, there is no monetary compensation received from the sponsored links. Huge thanks to my great sponsors for this project Old Fashioned Milk Paint & Daddy Vans

Shared at these great link parties
Friday's Furniture Fix

Comments