Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Fusion Mineral Paint's English Rose Jewelry Boxes


Millennial pink has been on the radar for awhile now, Fusion Mineral Paint just released English Rose, a beautiful soft shade of pink. I did 2 wooden jewelry boxes in two different finishes. Follow along to see how each were created. Also check out an MCM dresser in this gorgeous color I did too.




Both wooden jewelry boxes were fully painted in the soft pink with 4 coats for full coverage (above is after 2), a tip to save paint would be to use a base coat of Fusion's concealer or primer ;)



Once the 4 coats were dry, I added Fusion's champagne metallic paint over it all and highlighted the hardware and edges with the NEW rose gold wax.

This jewelry box is all sparkly, pretty and girly!! The perfect look for a little girl inheriting her late Grandma's jewelry box.




Now onto the 2nd jewelry box, I used Krylon Looking Glass spray paint to give an aged mercury glass feel to the etched glass door pane.


The edges were distressed and Homestead House's espresso wax added for a further aged look with dimension


And here they are side by side to show same but different


Matching Dresser For Sale Too


*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Fusion Mineral Paint & Homestead House Paint Co. to help you find the items I used easily. There is no monetary compensation to me, strictly added for your convenience ;)




Linked up Here

Comments