Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Fusion's newest release ~ English Rose


I love new color reveals and Michael Penney's latest addition to his line of FMP is a beauty. Soft pale pink called English Rose.


I recently purchased a solid wood MCM dresser, well made with dove tail joints but it had the hi gloss finish. To be sure my paint had the best adherence I started with a good coat of Fusion Mineral Paint's ultra grip using their micro roller. Super easy application now to leave to dry minimum 12 hours.



The hi gloss finish was dark and wanting to save paint I once again coated the entire dresser and drawers with Fusion Mineral Paint concealer using the micro roller. This is a reclaimed product they make that gives a brighter base under your lighter paint colors.


Now the fun part, adding color; I used the micro roller yet again and put on 3 coats of English rose.


 In the front edges I used the Staalmeester sash brush. It worked very well for these tight hard to get at areas.


The legs did not have the concealer, you can see one coat on the right and two on the left, I ended up putting 4 coats on the legs


I always am excited to see the drawers back in and hardware on but it was left to dry over night then hauled in, the legs put back on and here it is








This solid walnut Canadian made MCM dresser has been revived in a soft pale pink which enhances the original gold hardware, drawer details and leg caps. The 4 solid wood dovetailed drawers provide ample storage and slide smoothly. The sweet curvy legs and sweeping curved front design and curved top drawer front add elegance.  It measures 36"L X 18"D X 40 1/2"H. This gorgeous hand painted dresser is the perfect statement piece in your Princess's room. Message me if your looking

Check out the post for these 2 wooden jewelry boxes in 2 different finishes of
English Rose





*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog ambassador in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for Fusion Mineral Paint  to help you find the items I used easily. There is no monetary compensation to me, strictly added for your convenience ;)



Linked up at these parties
Farm House Friday
Creative Inspirations
Fridays Furniture Fix

Comments