Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Homestead House Limestone Milk Paint Dresser ~ Sideboard ~ TV Unit ~ Change Station


One of my past favorite projects was THIS dresser turned sideboard. I recently sourced a similar dresser, sturdy solid wood with a great farm house feel.


For this one I chose Homestead House milk paint in limestone, before applying it I added some other colors of milk paint to give layers. Green and brown went on with bonding agent added which made them stick like glue.


I added bonding agent to the Homestead House milk paint limestone too and it stuck and covered the colors in just one coat.



I added a second coat of limestone with bonding agent and once dry, I had to power sand to get the distressing I wanted. Before I could add dark wax to further the aged look I applied a clear coat of Cece Caldwell's endurance to seal the milk paint. Homestead House espresso furniture wax was worked into the dresser edges, crevices and areas that needed some definition. Knowing that the top could get lots of traffic I added 2 coats of Polyvine wax finish varnish in a clear dead flat finish. (Note: this is the only varnish I know that can go over wax)





Left is sans espresso wax, right is with



Now that the paint job was complete it was time to add the finishing touches. I wanted to change the hardware. I chose new satin finish silver cup pulls to replace the handles for a modern farmhouse look from D Lawless Hardware. For the knobs, I went with antique glass knobs I salvaged from a recent antique dresser makeover.. The center screws took lots of polishing and work to get back to silver but they added the perfect amount of sparkle to this gorgeous beauty.



I can see it proudly displaying Christmas goodies and drinks with lots of storage for bottles in the cabinets and serving utensils, napkins, and dishes in the drawers or hiding all the components of the theater room and a big screen hung above it or set up in a nursery as a change station with loads of drawer space for supplies, clothes etc and diapers stacked in the cabinets. The options are endless for this versatile piece if not just used as a beautiful dresser.





 


*Disclosure
I have received product as a brand blog rep in exchange for this post, but ALL the opinions are entirely MY own.  This post contains sponsored links for D Lawless Hardware & Homestead House Paint Co. to help you find the items I used easily. There is no monetary compensation to me, strictly added for your convenience ;)



 FEATURED ON


Linked to these Linky Parties
Farm House Friday
Creative Inspirations
Silver Penny Sundays
Fridays Furniture Fix

Comments