Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Up-cycled TV Tray Holder



I was not sure what to do with this TV tray holder when it came into my possession but seeing it was solid wood I knew it could be reused for parts at the very least. When I saw Larissa from Prodigal Pieces up-cycle 2 and I have an upcoming market, the light bulb went off.


So to add a fun color, I used Krylon spray paint in chalky finish color tidal blue.
Apply multiple light coats on all sides then seal with the Krylon's chalky finish clear coat spray.


I wanted to add a removable chalkboard on mine to test first before permanently attaching.

I had a piece of hardboard backing that will work so sprayed it with Krylon Chalkboard Spray Paint Black. This was much easier then the roll on kind and time will tell if it is as durable.


Seeing the back of the chalkboard would be visible, I painted it in Krylon citrus green for a fun punch of color.


After allowing the chalkboard paint a few days to dry and cure, it was time to try it out. I typed out my wording and set the fonts then free handed it onto the board.


This is going to be perfect for my upcoming market as a welcome sign




Linked up to these parties
Creative Inspirations
Friday's Furniture Fix
Farmhouse Friday

Comments